The renovation of Howe Community School and the entire team as collaborators were recognized by the Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission for the design and construction process to restore and rehabilitate the historic school.
Jury comments on the project included:
- Really embraced the ideas of 21st Century education within an older building.
- Maintained the warmth and feeling of the original school, especially the wood floors.
- Excellent use of natural and artificial lighting to highlight the building.
- Really maximized a small renovation budget.
- Did exactly what was needed to an old school building
Click here for additional project details and photos.